I’ve now completed two weeks of my new eating regime. Here are ten thoughts that have come to me in the last fortnight. 5.9lb down in 2 weeks is a great start! Phew! Wheat and me don’t mix! I gave … Continue reading
This is the start of an occasional series. 10 things with some common link. This time it’s my favourite foods, next time maybe my least favourite foods, movies I can watch repeatedly. It’s really quite open-ended.
So here goes, 10 things I love to eat:
- Chocolate! It almost goes without saying. I love most types of chocolate, though I’m less keen on dark chocolate. I’ve recently discovered Lindt Lindor Strawberry and Cream – they are gorgeous!
- Smoked salmon. Simply….yum! I’ve only once found a type of smoked salmon which I’ve not liked, it was smoked with juniper berries and had a taste I didn’t enjoy. I’ll eat it in so many ways, tarts, pasta, rice, toast, bread… in fact with almost anything!
- Cake! Especially chocolate or coffee cakes…. but not coffee cakes with walnuts, that’s just wrong!
- Cheese. I could sit and munch my way through rather a lot of cheese with a nice pile of biscuits or breadsticks. It has to be a nice hard cheese though, I don’t like things along the brie/stilton line, or goat’s cheese for that matter.
- Strawberries…mmmmm! Especially dipped in balsamic vinegar with a little bit of sugar
- Prawn cocktail Seabrook, my favourite crisps, very closely followed by sea salt and balsamic vinegar Kettle chips.
- M&S Caramel mini bites – basically marshmallow crispy cakes with chocolate 🙂 What’s not to like?
- McDonald’s Filet of fish. My guilty pleasure, I do like a McDonald’s, sadly the husband doesn’t so I don’t have one very often but they are very nice when I do!
- Mushrooms in any shape or form. ‘Slimy shrooms’, as my sister calls them, used to be among my most hated foods but when I hit my late teens I suddenly found I like them…a lot!
- Mayonnaise, especially Hellman’s. I eat a lot less of this than I used to (that may surprise some who have eaten with me recently!), but I could still happily eat this with almost anything savoury… yes, including a roast dinner!
It’s your turn now… what’s your favourite food?